The Liver is the largest organ in your body. Liver health is essential to play its role in regulating life processes. Its primary functions are to refine and detoxify everything you eat, breathe, and absorb through your skin. It stores certain vitamins, minerals and sugars, regulates fat stores, and controls the production and excretion of cholesterol. The bile, produced by liver cells, helps you to digest your food and absorb important nutrients.
Liver health neutralises and destroys poisonous substances and metabolises alcohol. It helps you resist infection and removes bacteria from the bloodstream, helping you to stay healthy.
Here are a few things you can do for your liver:
- Eat right to keep your liver healthy. Fresh fruits such as papaya, avocado and watermelon. Vegetables such as spinach, cabbage, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, beans and sprouts are good agents for defending the liver against diseases. Other types of foods that aid in the detoxification of the liver includes broccoli, garlic, beets, onions, wheat germ, mushrooms and turmeric. Air Thai Life our partner company offers Thai herbal supplements to assist in Liver health
- Be aware of your fat consumption. Foods that are fatty and oily are not healthy for the liver, and so are the dairy products and processed foods. These foods contain saturated fats that are quite difficult for the liver to process.
- Drink a lot of water. Water is the best agent when it comes to cleansing your liver. It helps flush toxins out of your body, which will invigorate your whole system. Fresh juices such as orange and lemon juice are good for you. These juices contain healthy acids that are beneficial for the general cleansing of your liver and body.
- Monitor your sugar intake. Consuming a lot of refined sugar is not only unhealthy for your liver, but for your overall system as well. When the liver processes too much sugar, it will convert it into fats and cholesterol–and having high amounts of both of these agents will not only contribute to weight gain but will also create a high risk of getting cardiovascular diseases.
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol. Alcohols are difficult for the liver to process.
- Stop smoking and stay away from toxins and pollution. Your liver filters inhaled air from the lungs. So if you are breathing unhealthy air from your environment, chances are your liver will become unhealthy as well. People who are into smoking have a high risk of developing liver cancer and other types of diseases involving major organs.
- Do a detox and liver flush. The liver flush is a natural treatment to detox your liver and remove gallstones from your gallbladder.
The Liver Flush
At New Leaf Detox Resort, we use natural ingredients and all the guests have got a successful result. We use apple juice, as it is high in malic acid, so it acts as a solvent to weaken adhesions between solid globules. Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate) is used to relax smooth muscle. It will relax and dilate the bile duct to enable larger solid particles (like gallstones) to exit the gallbladder. Unrefined olive oil is used to stimulate the gallbladder and bile duct to contract and expel gallstones. People often notice small pellets or balls in their stool, which can range in size and colour.
Visit our Detox Programs page for more information.